Click for weather forecast
Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 06:35:39 AM EDT
Here are a few Virginia (and national) news headlines, political and otherwise, for Monday, October 15. Don't forget: TODAY is the deadline to register to vote in Virginia; make sure you do so, or you'll sacrifice your right to weigh in on the future of our country!
Post-ABC poll finds Obama, Romney in virtual dead heat (FYI, what the Post calls a "virtual dead heat" is actually Obama leading 50%-43% among RVs, 49-46% among LVs. Fascinating how that works. Heh.)
* Libyan Ambassador's Death Not a Political Issue, Says Dad (In other words, Ambassador Stevens' father wants Willard to STFU and stop politicizing his son's death. I couldn't agree more.)
* No Shame ("The ugly truth is that the same people who are accusing the administration of not providing sufficient security for the American consulate in Benghazi have voted to cut the State Department budget, which includes financing for diplomatic security.")
* Fear-Chucker: Fox Contributor Mark Sanford Says Obama To 'Throw A Lot Of Spears' At Debate ("Former South Carolina Governor and Fox News contributor Mark Sanford wandered off the Appalachian Trail again Sunday morning when, in yet another completely isolated example of a Republican being totally-not-racist even though he sounds racist, said that President Obama is going to "come out and throw a lot of spears" at Tuesday's upcoming debate.")
* Arlen Specter dies; he was Pennsylvania's longest-serving senator (RIP)
* Romney the product (What's most amusing is to see conservatives get enthusiastic about a guy who believes absolutely nothing, including on issues like abortion, and will say anything simply to get elected.)
* NBC's Gregory Lets Bob McDonnell Misstate Obama's Tax Plan (Two shockers here: first, that David Gregory's incompetent; and second, that Bob McDonnell is a lying liar.)
* Obama to campaign Friday in Northern Virginia
* Deval Patrick, Craig Romney roll through Virginia
* Editorial: Playing politics with sequestration ("McDonnell still could embrace real compromise, send all of those letters and urge Congress to return to Washington immediately. He could, but he probably won't. That would require serious leadership, and that was not the purpose of sending a partisan letter in the final weeks of the presidential campaign.")
* Editorial: Last call for democracy ("Voters should check today to make sure they are registered then bring an ID on Election Day.")
* Rep. Paul Ryan to campaign Tuesday in Virginia (After losing his debate with Joe Biden, the Ayn Rand fanatic/smirking frat boy - see photo above - comes back to Virginia to spew more lies. Fun times! LOL)
* Pre-debate, Obama hunkers down at Kingsmill resort
* Virginia Congress races aim to cross digital divide ("Rigell is known to wake up early and send tweets. He himself often posts messages to his 13,000 Facebook supporters-more than any Virginia congressman other than House Majority Leader Eric Cantor-seeking their comment on issues of the day. Hirschbiel's Facebook page showed a post-debate picture too, although it was put up mid-morning Saturday. He hadn't sent a tweet since Tuesday.")
* Douglass Marks 500th Campaign Stop ("Douglass said he feels good about where his campaign -- and Democrats in general -- are right now. He said there's a new momentum coming out of his debate last week with Republican incumbent Robert Hurt.")
* Obama visits Williamsburg campaign office ("President brings pizza to phone bankers; and sits down to make calls")
* Griffin dazzles in a victory over Vikings ("Robert Griffin III bounces back from a concussion in last week's loss to run for touchdowns of seven and 76 yards as Washington tops Minnesota, 38-26, to snap an eight-game home losing streak.")
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Monday Morning
FOLLOW BLUE VIRGINIA on SOCIAL MEDIA
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at email@example.com and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page