Click for weather forecast
Fri Nov 16, 2012 at 06:27:27 AM EST
Here are a few Virginia (and national) news headlines, political and otherwise, for Friday, November 16.
What Benghazi Is about: Scandal Envy ("Republicans are livid that Obama hasn't had his major scandal yet." Or even a minor one, really. Meanwhile, John McCain's livid because he lost the election in 2008, because he's politically irrelevant, and because, well, GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! LOL)
* CIA talking points for Susan Rice called Benghazi attack "spontaneously inspired" by protests (In other words, Republicans ranting and raving about Benghazi are actually attacking the CIA and Gen. Petraeus. Note also that none of these Republicans were "outraged" over Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, or any of the other intelligence fiascos in the Bush administration. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, it's ok if you're a Republican - IOKIYAR.)
* Romney's contempt, continued. (It's truly astounding that someone with this much contempt for the American people could have been the presidential nominee for a major U.S. political party. WTF?)
* What the future of Virginia looks like
* Editorial: A last-minute reprieve ("Give Bob McDonnell his extension only if he and other GOP governors are serious about insurance exchanges.")
* McAuliffe names key members of campaign team
* Senator-elect Kaine names chief of staff, transition team
* Va. senators receive cautionary report on state finances at Charlottesville retreat
* Poll: McDonnell remains popular, scores well with women, young voters
* Sen. Warner proposes bill to spark voting reforms in states
* Allen, Kaine advisers look back at hard-fought Virginia Senate race (I was there as well, should have some video later today. For now, let's just say that Boyd Marcus was a lame excuse a minute. Also, if their "internals" really showed Allen up 5 points on Kaine in the closing weeks of the election, they are/were smoking some powerful stuff. LOL)
* George Allen adviser: Romney's Virginia effort was 'worthless' (Marcus also slammed the Chamber of Commerce and other outside groups, said that Allen wasn't at all helped by Republicans in the Virginia General Assembly and their crazy bills - like "transvaginal ultrasound" - etc. Fun stuff.)
* Kaine, Allen Advisors: SuperPAC Ads Were 'Total Crap' ("Elleithee said the negative ads paid for by outside groups actually helped Kaine." I agree, what a complete waste of money by Karl Rove, etc.)
* Airports authority often warned about contracts
* Norfolk houses will have to rise
* North Arlington man spearheads effort to help N.Y. victims of Sandy
* Plans for special meeting regarding Delgaudio cancelled
* Homeless shelter still divides Arlington residents, officials
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Friday Morning
FOLLOW BLUE VIRGINIA on SOCIAL MEDIA
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page