Click for weather forecast
Wed Oct 24, 2012 at 06:45:56 AM EDT
Here are a few Virginia (and national) news headlines, political and otherwise, for Wednesday, October 24.
Mourdock: Even pregnancy from rape something "God intended" (Another day, another insane, Taliban-like Republican. And no, this is NOT an aberration, the party's filled with people like this, along with the Islamophobes, xenophobes, homophobes, science deniers, "birthers" - Donald Trump et al. - and other assorted crazies. Also, note that the party's standard bearer, Mitt Romney, cut an ad for Mourdouck - see video.)
* Cuccinelli to speak at anti-gay marriage rally (Speaking of homophobes and other assorted crazies...)
* What 'Moderate Mitt' is hiding (Things like his support for Mourdock, surrounding himself with a bunch of warmongering/chickenhawk foreign policy advisers, etc?)
* Gov. McDonnell takes to campaign trail for GOP's Allen (T-Bob for the guy who loves nooses, deer heads in mailboxes, and making racial slurs - perfect!)
* Dem congressmen, Va. Senator seek fed vote probe
* Obama, Romney, Biden, Ryan head to Va. ("If there were any doubts left as to Virginia's national political importance - or the Richmond area's relevance - the days ahead should dispel them.")
* Schapiro: Both parties promise to keep federal spigot open.
* Springsteen stumps for Obama before concert
* Springsteen's free show puts crowd in a frenzy
* Cuccinelli, McEachin get peacocky with each other
* Allen ad: Kaine put Obama's bidding ahead of Va. (Just remember, George Allen does the bidding of Grover Norquist, the Koch brothers, ExxonMobil, and other fossil fuel interests.)
* Allen, McDonnell jump on Obama's 'bayonets' comment (Fine, you guys can look like ignoramuses and know-nothings as well. Go for it!)
* In Virginia's Navy country, few feel stung by Obama's 'bayonets' barb
* Editorial: Flaccavento in the 9th District ("Rep. Morgan Griffith's extreme conservatism does not serve well a district facing an economic transition.")
* Romney to lead Virginia Beach rally on Sunday
* NBA site would bring Virginia $503M a year, study says
* Tropical Storm Sandy scenarios: Northeast smash or out to sea
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Wednesday Morning
FOLLOW BLUE VIRGINIA on SOCIAL MEDIA
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page