Click for weather forecast
Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 06:29:42 AM EDT
Here are a few Virginia (and national, including from last night's DEMOLITION by President Obama of Lying Liar Willard "Mitt" Romney) news headlines, political and otherwise, for Wednesday, October 17.
Editorial: Mr. Obama Comes Back ("The president offers a strong case for his policies.")
* For the President, Punch After Punch ("Mr. Obama emerged from the debate having claimed a new chance to frame the three weeks until Election.") Day.
* Obama turns it around
* Instant polls: Obama won
* Andrew Sullivan steps away from the ledge (Seriously, I was kind of worried about Andrew Sullivan for a while there!)
* Presidential debate: Obama snaps back hard
* 'Binders of women' comment gets play on Google, Facebook (Hahahahaha.)
* In Debate's Dance, Romney Has More Missteps ("At their town hall debate, Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney circled around each other like tomcats in an alley.")
* Romney uses "undocumented illegals" term during answer on immigration (There goes any chance of winning a significant Latino vote for Romney. #FAIL)
* Debate results: Liberals relieved by President Obama's performance
* Va. political analysts say Obama rebounds in debate
* No contest, Obama won Hofstra debate
* Crowley challenges Romney on Libya (She didn't "challenge" him, she CORRECTED his lie.)
* Obama earned trust with a comeback performance
* Romney's Rose Garden Moment ("The exchange left voters in the uncomfortable position of assuming that Mr. Romney either believes his own propaganda or doesn't care whether what he says is true, which fits into the narrative that he's willing to twist the truth for political gain.")
* Instant Reaction Polls Show Narrow Obama Advantage in Second Debate
* Obama and Romney face off in much feistier second debate (Gotta love how the cowardly corporate media will easily say that Romney won the first debate, but won't say that Obama kicked Romney's sorry behind in the second debate.)
* The 2012 Senate Races: Virginia
* Kaine courts Northern Virginia women, Allen focuses on defense cuts (Let's get this one straight: Allen's decided to focus on defense cuts which his party largely is responsible for? Well alrighty then, that makes a LOT of sense - not!)
* Kaine, Allen rally Northern Virginia supporters
* Crossroads hits Kaine on taxes in new ad (As always, all you have to know about Crossroads' ads is that Dubya's chief propagandist, who he appropriately nicknamed "turd blossom," is in charge. Any further questions?)
* No love lost between Crossroads and Kaine (It's truly breathtaking watching Crossroads' ads, trying to find even ONE word that's true - and failing to do so.)
* Schapiro: Port deal veering off-course for McDonnell
* Editorial: Where HPV vaccine has no effect ("Yes, it can prevent cervical cancer. No, it doesn't change sexual behavior.")
* Editorial: Tilting in the political winds ("The governor says he's for offshore wind development but neutral on a tax credit that powers the industry.")
* Paul Ryan attacks Obama, inspires crowd in Lynchburg area (That's all Romney and Ryan have, other than massive tax cuts for the rich - attack, attack, and attack. Inspiring, ain't it? Nope.)
* General Assembly gets online makeover (That's great, but what the General Assembly needs is an OFFLINE makeover, from being a de facto ALEC - and Dominion Power - subsidiary to actually representing the people of Virginia.)
* Third quarter fundraising figures in the 6th District race
* Arlington's approach to streetcars, Artisphere, murals shine light on county's management style
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Wednesday Morning
FOLLOW BLUE VIRGINIA on SOCIAL MEDIA
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page