Click for weather forecast
Thu Sep 13, 2012 at 06:28:22 AM EDT
Here are a few Virginia news headlines, political and otherwise, for Thursday, September 13. But first, lots and lots of articles about the "vile" Willard "Shoot first aim later" Romney, who "stepped in it" big time and now can't bring himself to step out of it. Utterly unfit to be president...
Romney faces flak for assailing Obama on Libya (It's not just for "assailing Obama," it's for telling a series of wild lies; acting about as inappropriately as is humanly possible for anyone, let alone a presidential candidate; doubling down on his insanity once he was shown to be completely wrong; etc. Bottom line: a desperate Romney has majorly f***ed up, showing himself to be utterly unfit to be president).
* Romney takes hits from GOP
* Obituary: One of 'the very finest officers of his generation' (So sad, my deepest condolences to Ambassador Stevens' colleagues, friends and family.)
* California man confirms role in anti-Islam film ("The self-proclaimed director of "Innocence of Muslims" initially claimed a Jewish and Israeli background. But others involved in the film said his statements were contrived as evidence mounted that the film's key player was a southern Californian Coptic Christian with a checkered past.")
* Romney's Libya blunder ("His statements on the embassy attacks are a discredit to his campaign.")
* Former Romney Adviser on Libya: "They Stepped in It" (And they're apparently too stupid and/or incompetent to step OUT of it!)
* Why The Vileness Matters ("Romney has really ensured that everyone in the news media, the GOP propaganda organs aside, is going to view him with distaste and alarm - as well they should.")
* Mitt Romney and his bucket brigade ("Now he and his party have a real mess to clean up.")
* Time's Joe Klein: Netanyahu's Comments On White House Are 'Outrageous And Disgusting' (I'd say "stupid" and "counterproductive" as well, but totally consistent with this right-wing super hawk - not to mention his misguided right-wing U.S. allies.)
* ("Jeff's Notes: Presidential wild cards")
* Kaine airs 'respectful' ad against Allen (The difference in tone between the Kaine and Allen campaigns is huge, and extremely revealing.)
* Md. and Va.'s illusory budget surpluses ("As it is, Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R), who has refused to raise taxes, has shortchanged public and higher education." And transportation and everything else too!)
* New Obama ads in Virginia hit Romney on taxes, Medicare
* George Allen back on the air for final campaign sprint
* Paul Ryan to campaign in Virginia Friday (I hear he's going to read from "Atlas Shrugged" about the many virtues of selfishness while running and under 3-hour marathon. Heh.)
* NRDC Action Fund Identifies 193 House Members, 39 Senators as 'Dirty Air Villains' Who Voted Against Clean Air Protections (In Virginia, the "Villains" are, of course, all Republicans, while the "Clean Air Heroes" are, of course, all Democrats.)
* Protest Against Hurt and Griffith in Martinsville
* Editorial: Who writes the rules? ("The Virginia Board of Health should disregard the attorney general's 'advice' on abortion regulations because it has no basis in the law.")
* Cuccinelli issues warning over abortion rules ("Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has threatened Board of Health members that they could be denied state legal counsel and have to pay for their own defense if they again disregard his advice about relaxing controversial abortion clinic rules and litigation ensues.")
* Andy Schmookler Campaigns in Star City
* E-mails show U-Va.'s Dragas surprised by crisis (Duhhhhhhhhhh.)
* Editorial: A pain in the toll booth ("The governor's proposal to collect tolls on Interstate 95 is drawing fire from fellow Republicans.")
* Committee approves Webb provisions to protect Post-9/11 GI Bill
* No more tickets for Michelle Obama's Richmond event today ("No more tickets are available for first lady Michelle Obama's appearance this afternoon at CenterStage in Richmond.")
* BRAC debate dominates Alexandria forum
* Arlington cracking down on food truck regulations
* Lannan, bullpen handcuff Mets
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Thursday Morning
FOLLOW BLUE VIRGINIA on SOCIAL MEDIA
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at email@example.com and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page