Click for weather forecast
Progressive Area Lawyers
Karin Riley Porter
Sun Aug 12, 2012 at 06:40:54 AM EDT
VIDEOHere are a few Virginia news headlines, political and otherwise, for Sunday, August 12.
Ryan Budget Is A Disaster For Virginia
* Paul Ryan choice for VP could prove tricky for George Allen
* Schapiro: McDonnell was a bit too earnest
* Cantor calls Ryan 'leader for the future' (Uh, yeah, if you define that as "leading America off a CLIFF!")
* Douglass camp makes issue of Schilling comments (And yet another couple of idiocies from Rob Schilling: first that he ever apologized to veterans, which he certainly did NOT, other than the classic "non-apology apology;" second, for blaming the controversy he created on "political action committees," by which I presume he means VoteVets and VetPAC? So now, leading veterans organizations with hundreds of thousands of members are simply "political action committees?" Well, alrighty then.)
* Hurt is failing his campaign promise of beating Perriello's accessibility record. (Robert Hurt: utter failure as a Congressman, broke his "promise" to be as accessible to voters as Tom Perriello was. Not. Even. Close.)
* Romney walks back apparent Bolling endorsement (Notice how Romney and his campaign are constantly "walking back" things? It's a pattern, and it tells us a great deal. Imagine this guy "walking back" stuff all the time as president? "Sorry, President Putin, I didn't mean you were really are #1 enemy and we hate your guts, hahaha." Not good.)
* Editorial: A shameless fabrication ("Ignore the attack ads. Obama wants to increase the number of people moving from welfare to work.")
* Southside is worth one debate ("Clearly, Kaine recognizes the importance of a debate in Southside Virginia. At this point, Allen doesn't, and has said, 'we have set our debates.'" So, Allen has now pissed off Hampton Roads and Southside with his refusal to debate in those regions. Heckuva job!)
* Kaine, Allen's fate may rest with Obama, Romney
* Kaine makes fourth campaign trip to Bristol
* Romney boosts Bolling for governor; aide: 'He has not endorsed' (Updated)
* Did Romney endorse Bolling?
* Pro-Romney women's group gearing up in Virginia (As soon as I read the headline, I knew Barbara Comstock's fingerprints would be all over it. Ugh.)
* In Pr. William park, a free creek flows
* Seeking answers amid the scandals
* Loudoun County on verge of high-level minor league pro soccer franchise
* Facing his first 'humbling' slump in majors, Harper sticks with routine
* Nats pummel Arizona for eighth straight win
P.S. Also see
As states push for stricter ID laws, analysis shows voter fraud is rare. ("In-person voter impersonation occurs about once per 15 million prospective voters, data projects.")
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Sunday Morning
Blue Virginia Promote Your Page Too
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, and "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page