Click for weather forecast
Fri Jun 29, 2012 at 06:31:50 AM EDT
Here are a few Virginia news headlines, political and otherwise, for Friday, June 29. First, though, check out aznew's demolition of the right wing's new Big Lie (yes, they always have a new one).
Obama and Roberts win ("But ruling could create problems in future.")
* Real reform must start now (Agreed, the Affordable Care Act is only the start, we need a lot more changes or health care is going to drive this country into bankruptcy as we age, as medical care gets more expensive, as technology advances and we live longer, etc.)
* Va. Democrats laud Supreme Court's health care decision
* What's next for health care in Virginia?
* A ruling that's good for the country
* Kaine, Allen offer dueling economic plans at Reston forum (Allen's plan in short: double down on Bush-o-nomics. #FAIL)
* Kaine, Allen split on Supreme Court ruling (Who could have predicted this?!? LOL)
* McDonnell: Health-care ruling 'a bad ruling for the American people' (And by "the American people" McDonnell apparently means "Republican politicians" or something, because the American people are huge winners in this.)
* Should Virginia expand Medicaid, form an exchange?
* Ken Cuccinelli, on second thought, likes Supreme Court health-care decision (Is Kookinelli crazy like a fox, or just crazy? Tough call.)
* Tom Perriello Says Health Care Ruling is Good for Va. ("Republicans, if anything, are up a bit of a creek here where they really need to focus on the economy and not keep litigating these old battles")
lowkell :: Virginia News Headlines: Friday Morning
* Scott Lingamfelter announces run for lieutenant governor (Who ISN'T running for statewide office next year on the Republican side? Wow.)
* Virginia faces key decisions on special session, Medicaid
* Virginia politicians complain about exclusion in offshore drilling plan (Whatever.)
* Virginia drivers pay less at pump since April peak (And Virginia Republicans, who criticized President Obama when "gas prices" were rising, now praise him when they're falling. Oh wait...heh.)
* Report: Fairfax congestion hurts schools, jobs, environment (Gee, ya think?!?)
* Loudoun homeowners association wins federal lawsuit against OpenBand
* Local health officials pleased about mandate decision, worried about cost
* Nats rally, but lose in extra innings
* Health officials warn of heat's dangers (Just remember, though, NONE of these events - record warmth around the world, year after year; record heat waves, droughts, floods, etc; could possibly have ANYTHING to do with the scientific fact of anthropogenic climate change. So sayeth ExxonMobil and so sayeth the Koch brothers. End of story.)
FOLLOW BLUE VIRGINIA on SOCIAL MEDIA
The purpose of Blue Virginia is to cover Virginia politics from a progressive and Democratic perspective. This is a group blog and a community blog. We invite everyone to comment here, but please be aware that profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, insults, rudeness, frequent unsupported or off-point statements, "trolling" (NOTE: that includes outright lies, whether about climate science, or what other people said, or whatever), and "troll ratings abuse" (e.g., "troll" rating someone simply because you disagree with their argument) are not permitted and, if continued, will lead to banning. For more on trolling, see the
Daily Kos FAQs. Also note that diaries may be deleted if they do not contain at least 2 solid paragraphs of original text; if not, please use the comments section of a relevant diary. For more on writing diaries, click here. Thanks, and enjoy!
P.S. You can contact us at email@example.com and you can
. If you'd like to subscribe to Miles Grant's Twitter feed, subscribe to Lowell's Twitter feed here . For Teacherken, click here . For Kindler, click here .
P.P.S. To see the Blue Virginia archive,
please click here. To see the Raising Kaine archive, please click here. To see the Blue Commonwealth archive, please click here.
Subscribe to Blue Virginia - Front Page